January 29, 2021
Iron-on-Ink Valentine's Day Bag Tag Project
Hello crafty Artesprix friends Ivy here on the Blog! If you love adding a handmade goodness to your gifts here's a quick last minute Bag Tag you can make easily. My theme is Valentine's Day because it is right around the corner and I wanted to add an accessory to a gift bag I had.
What are Artesprix Sublimations Markers?
Artesprix markers enable you to draw on regular paper and transfer on to sublimation blank materials such as totes bags, bookmarks and keychains and more.
To Create this Bag Tag, you will need the following:
- Maple Bag Tag
- Sublimation Markers
- Heat Press or Regular Iron
- Heat Tape
- Protective Paper Roll
- Light Box
Step by step tutorial:
- Print an image you would like to use and don’t forget to reverse or mirror your design if it has text.
- Use a pencil and lightly trace the bag tag on a plain sheet of paper
- Use a light pad to trace the printed image on the bag tag with Artesprix sublimation markers. I used 2 colors, red for the heart and black for the text. Make sure to wait for the base color to completely dry. In this case it’s the red heart, before going in with a second color for the text.
- Turn on the heat press at 400℉ and 60 seconds.
- Place the bag tag face down to your design and use the Artesprix Heat Tape and secure. *This ensures the bag tag from shifting when pressed.*
- Once the Artesprix Heat Press is ready we are going to make an Artesprix Sublimation Sandwich. Place a sheet of protective paper on the heat press, then the Artesprix Bag Tag, and cover it another sheet of protective paper. ***Make sure the bag tag is facing up towards the heat source.***
- Take a small peek (peak test) to make sure the color is vibrant and the image has transferred, if it didn't press it on again double check your time, temperature, and pressure. After, let the bag tag cool down on your Artesprix Project Mat before you handle it.
- The bag tag is such a cute and easy project to personalize. If you make this craft please share and tag us on Facebook and Instagram. We would love to see your creations!
Be sure to check out these other fun projects using Artesprix sublimation markers. Bag Tag, Metal Frame and Key Chain.
Have a crafty day!