Easy Animal DIY Iron-on-Ink Artesprix Bookmarks
Let’s get WILD About Reading!
We started our summer reading and what better way to celebrate a milestone than with a new Animal Print Sublimation Bookmark. We made these awesome animal print bookmarks with the Artesprix Sublimation Markers and we were delighted with how they turned out! Bold, vibrant and on-trend.
We love bold animal prints on just about anything from shirts and bags to sneakers and accessories. When asked to create a new bookmark animal prints were of course the way to go! We could not wait to get started.
What are Artesprix Sublimation Markers?
A unique marker that allows you to transfer your drawings from plain paper to almost any polyester fabric or polyester coated items with our unique sublimation process by simply adding heat and pressure. Add your unique touch and designs to almost any surface.
Artesprix Heat Press, dry iron or home iron
- If desired, use animal designs to use as guide.
2. Trace the bookmark blank shape on to a piece of copy paper.
3. Color in your design using the Artesprix Sublimation markers on the copy paper.
*PRO TIP: Coloring slightly outside the lines of the traced Blank is encouraged. This helps to ensure there is no white space near the edge of your blank.*
There were 4 blank bookmarks that came in our package and we used all 4 for this project with different designs. I think this is a great blank to start with if you are just learning to use Iron-on-Ink. With the Bookmarks coming in a pack of four, you have plenty of opportunities to play around!
4. Preheat your Artesprix Heat Press to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Secure your design (face-down) to one side of your bookmark with Artesprix Heat Press.
Pro tip: leave 1 -2 inches of space of paper around traced area so the tape does not cover your design. Due to it being heat resistant tape, anywhere you place the tape heat your design will not transfer through thoroughly, and therefore your transfer design will be affected. Heat Tape can be used to fix any “oopsies,” on your design before transferred, simply place a piece of tape over your oopsies and it will not transfer to your blank.
We cut ours to size for this project, but please do what feels comfortable for your level of crafting. The great thing about using metal blanks is that due to it being a think material, wrapping the Heat Tape around like I did will not affect the transfer of your image. Next time, I will leave more paper around my blank when I prepare to press because not all polyester blanks are metal.
6. Create a “Sublimation Sandwich” for your bookmarks and place a piece of protective paper on top of your bookmarks and a piece of protective paper under your bookmarks. Then take your sublimation sandwich and place it on your Heat Press. Be sure that your project is facing upwards towards the power of the Heat Press to ensure that your image with transfer properly.
7. Set your Artesprix press timer for 45 seconds.
8. Let object cool before handling.
9. Peel off the paper to reveal your beautiful and vivid design.
*PRO TIP: Be sure to turn off your heat source.*
Have a look at our Step-by-Step video tutorial:
If you liked these bookmarks, be sure to check out our tropical coaster projects as well that uses the same markers and process. Get everything you need for these Animal Print Bookmarks and so many more projects on the Artesprix website. Stay tuned for more projects to come and pin for later!
More about this Author:
Jenn Powell is the Owner of Ever After in the Woods – a lifestyle blog and former art teacher.