Design & Personalize Key Chains with Iron-on-Ink
Lean how to make an Iron-on-Ink Summer Key Chain Project
Memorial Day kicks off the unofficial start of summer so what better way to start summer than making DIY keychains to get ready to go to camp?
Artesprix’s Keychains are a fun project to choose as families prepare for summer camp. Not only is the process really fun, but this project will make it easy to designate all your summer gear.
Sending the kids off to camp with bags and most of the time they never return with them. These DIY Camp Keychains are perfect for keeping track of bags and other personal belongings at camp. Not to mention, there’s no more fighting about who’s bag is whose. Make these crafty keychains more personalized by adding a name.
Here is what you need to get started with your very own DIY Camp Keychains:
- Stamp pad
- Sublimation Markers
- Acrylic Stamp Block
- Copy paper
- Keychain blanks
- Heat Tape
- Protective Paper
- Heat Press, dry iron, or home iron
- Trace the keychain blank onto plain copy paper.
- Stamp image inside the traced design.
- Use your Artesprix sublimation markers to color in the stamped image. It is okay to go outside the lines as you
- Flip over the copy paper and write the name with a marker. Be sure to stay inside the traced design lines.
- After, return the stamped image facing up. Use the Artesprix sublimation marker to trace the name. It should read backwards.
- Cut out the design and make a sublimation sandwich, be sure to leave 1-2 inches of copy paper around design. Next, use the heat tape to affix the design-side-down to the keychain blank. One your design is secure to your blank, place a square of the protective paper on top and below the blank. This is now your Artesprix Sublimation Sandwich.
- Heat and press your Plastic Artesprix Key Chain at 400°F for 60 seconds so that you get a bright vibrant transfer image.
Wow, that was fun! Be sure to allow your blank to cool before peeling back the heat tape. It’s difficult to wait because the transfer process is so exciting!
I LOVE that I can design my projects with pencil on plain copy paper, too. I was able to free hand draw a sunburst and color in with Artesprix markers. It’s so easy to erase or start over if needed. I don’t have to heat and sublimate until I’m completely satisfied with the design.
We’d love to hear about your projects and ideas in the Iron-on-Ink Inspirational Group on Facebook.
The post Prepare for Summer Camp with DIY Artesprix Keychains appeared first on Artesprix.