Hello crafty Artesprix friends Ivy here. I’ve been loving all the fun rainbow prints and designs I’m seeing recently but I noticed a lot of them are traditional, pastel or "girly" colors.
I wanted to create a sublimation rainbow shirt for my son and that’s when I had the idea to make it in different shades of blue.
What are sublimations markers?
To Create this Tshirt, you will need the following:
Sublimation Markers-Black Broad tip
Heat Press or Regular Iron
Electronic Cutting Machine
- The first step is to use an electronic cutting machine to draw the image using an Artesprix marker. Set your image on “draw” mode. Insert Artesprix marker and watch it go to work. Don’t forget to “reverse” the image when you send it to draw.
- Next is the fun part! Color the image in I used all the different shades of blue in all the Artesprix packs. I just mixed and matched there’s really no right or wrong way I was going for an Ombre look.
- Once you are finished coloring, turn on the heat press and set the temp to 370℉.
- Place the shirt on the heat press and use a lint roller to remove all the lint. Press for 10 seconds. This will ensure all the moisture and wrinkles are removed.
- Take the protective paper and measure enough to cover the top and bottom of the T-shirt. Also cut another sheet to put in between the shirt so you can prevent any ink transfer.
- Use a Tee Square It to help align the shirt and make sure it’s perfectly centered.
Once you like where its placed, use the heat protective tape to keep it in place.
- Press for 30 seconds. Take a small sneak peek at to make sure the color transferred properly for your sublimation rainbow shirt project.
- Look at that transfer! It turned out great! The reveal is always my favorite part!
Here is the finished shirt!!! So quick and so easy.
I hope you enjoyed this sublimation rainbow shirt project! Be sure to stop by the Artesprix blog to check more amazing projects.
I can’t believe this is my last blog post for Artesprix!
It’s been wonderful sharing all the fun Artesprix projects with you guys this past year!
I will still be around to share other projects using the Blank of the Month blanks so be on the look out for that!
See you next time craft friends.